For Patients & Families
Almost any visit to a hospital for a child is difficult. At All Children's Hospital we have gone out of our way to make the experience as easy as possible, and to remove as much anxiety from every child's visit as we can. With that in mind, we offer these answers to common questions and resources for preparing you and your child for your visit.
Your Child's Visit
In the Your Child's Visit section there are a variety of resources designed to help you and your child prepare for your visit to All Children's Hospital. We have online photo tours for children being treated on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
There are great resources for parents as well:
- The Inpatient Family Guide has a wealth of practical information that will help you when you're here for an inpatient stay,
- Articles about how to prepare your infant, 2-5 Year old, 6-11 year old, or 12-18 year old for a stay at All Children's Hospital,
- The Surgery at All Children's Hospital page has an excellent section of information for our inpatient and outpatient surgery families.
- Integrated Care Management provides a variety of support services to patients and their families while at All Children's Hospital, including Social Work services, Pastoral Care, and Team Hope (Palliative Care).
Visiting a Patient
If you're coming to visit a patient at the hospital there are some things that you'll want to know, and some things we want you to know before arriving. You'll be prepared after reviewing our Visitor Information guide.
Programs and Services
Get an overview of the programs offered at the hospital in our Programs and Services pages.
Patient Accounts & Professional Billing
The All Children's Hospital Family Representatives are non-medical/neutral liaisons for you, your child and your family.
We believe in patient and family-centered care and advocate open communication between our patients, their families and the entire healthcare team. We are here to help you.
Family Involvement: Ways to Get Involved
Here at All Children's, we use a shared governance structure for decision-making. This means that hospital leaders, staff, physicians, patients and family members sit together on various councils and committees so that all perspectives can be heard to shape decisions that pertain to patient care and overall patient experience. Many of the decisions that are made relate to promoting quality and patient safety.
Councils meet once a month on the All Children's Hospital campus. Meetings are held during weekday business hours.
Support, Community, and Physicians
- Our support links section has a wealth of resources of a variety of types, from support groups to financial assistance
- If you're looking to create a space where you can share your story online with your friends and family, get set up with CarePages
- If you're looking for a primary Pediatrician, please call our Pediatric Physician Referral service, and we'll help you find the right one for you
- Our Community Programs at All Children's Hospital offer a number of classes and programs
An extraordinary job requires extraordinary people - and there are many of them at All Children's Hospital. If you have had a great experience with one of our employees please feel free to share it with us -- use our online Service Excellence Nomination Form to nominate a nurse for the DAISY Award, an employee for for Employee of the Month, or one of our residents for Resident of the Quarter.